When you enter a room, your first impression of it is made from the floor upwards. It is essential to get this right, and by fitting hardwood flooring, you have solved the most difficult and important part of making an impact. Wood flooring gives you the ultimate in timeless elegance, flexibility and durability. Its hard wearing qualities and range of styles make it perfect for any room in the house.
Our hardwood flooring is available in Ash, Beech, Cherry, Hevea, Jatoba, Kempas, Maple, Merbau, Oak, Red Oak and Walnut, allowing you to create the ambience and mood to suit the design qualities of your home. Regular care of your wood floor is simple and practical, and involves merely vacuuming and wiping your hardwood floor with a damp cloth. It helps to attach felt pads to the bottom of furniture, and bear in mind that any spilt liquid should immediately be dried of from hardwood floors.
Installation of modern hardwood floors makes sound and heat insulation concerns a thing of the past; we have a range of products associated with our hardwood flooring that give you all the necessary tools to enable a perfect fit. Our team is on hand to offer any advice and queries you may have about fitting your hardwood floor.
The beauty of a wood floor lies in the fact that as fashions change, the effortless spatial effect of its simple, clean lines will remain in style. Hardwood flooring is the king of wood flooring for its enduring qualities and timeless appeal.
Maintenance Of Wood Flooring
With today's advances in wood flooring stains and finishes, cleaning your wood floors has never been easier. Regular maintenance requires little more than sweeping with a soft bristle broom, and vacuuming with a soft floor attachment if your wood floor includes a beveled edge that could collect debris. You also should clean your floors periodically with a professional wood floor cleaning product recommended by a wood flooring professional.
There are other steps you can take to minimize maintenance and maintain the beauty of your wood floors as well.
- Do not use sheet vinyl or tile floor care products on wood floors. Self-polishing acrylic waxes cause wood to become slippery and appear dull quickly.
- Use throw rugs both inside and outside doorways to help prevent grit, dirt and other debris from being tracked onto your wood floors. This will prevent scratching.
- Do not wet-mop a wood floor. Standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discoloring residue.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened towel.
- Do not over-wax a wood floor. If the floor dulls, try buffing instead. Avoid wax buildup under furniture and other light traffic areas by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session.
- Put soft plastic or fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.
- Avoid walking on your wood floors with cleats, sports shoes and high heels. A 125-pound woman walking in high heels has an impact of 2,000 pounds per square inch. An exposed heel nail can exert up to 8,000 pounds per square inch. This kind of impact can dent any floor surface.
- When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on wood flooring. It is best to pick up the furniture completely to protect the wood flooring.
- For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink.
- Use a humidifier throughout the winter months to keep wood movement and shrinkage to a minimum.